Re: [OM] Zuiko MC 90 / f2 macro

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko MC 90 / f2 macro
From: Skip Williams <skipwilliams@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 16:04:51 -0400
Gary,

I got the lens today.  I negotiated a bit off the original price.  The
dings on the filter rings look like it banged against something while
attached to a body, not that the lens was dropped.  It has perfect glass,
focusing movement, auto diaphragm, and aperture ring movement.  I'd call it
a 9-, maybe an 8+.

As for the other lens, I have gotten one interest already, but I agree.  If
the guy wants to sell it, I intend to see it in person first before
recommending it to a list member.

BTW, the front dings take a very small bite out of the front rim directly
inward, along the lens axis.  The "dent" intrudes into the outside filter
thread race.  The result is that filter threading and accessory attachment
is a bit difficult.

My question:   What tool should I get to chase the threads out?  It's like
I need a tap to re cut the threads in 2 little places.  At Fargo
Enterprises, I see a lens vise and a set of lens pliers.  There's no dent
to remove, so I don't think that would work.   Any ideas?

Skip