Re: [OM] OT Req suggestions for gift photo book

Subject: Re: [OM] OT Req suggestions for gift photo book
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 18:51:18 EDT
I sure like classics, myself.  They would include:

The Focal Encyclopedia of Photography [desktop edition]
I used to take that to high school English and Algebra class as relief from
chronic boredom.

David Vestal's The Craft of Photography
Great for teaching fine B&W darkroom work and exposure technique.

Andreas Feininger's The Complete Photographer
Distills the art of photography into everyday language. I've taught
continuing education courses in Photography from his book organization.

FWIW, I have these three available as extra copies, although in Good or Very
Good condition, only [not exactly gift material if someone is expecting like
new (=Fine).

For the OM System, with lots on general technique, too:
Shipman guides between 1981 and 1987.
The Olympus Way

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV