RE:[OM] My OM1 search and rescue mission, olympus-digest V2 #1038

Subject: RE:[OM] My OM1 search and rescue mission, olympus-digest V2 #1038
From: "christopher.barker" <cmib@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 99 17:56:59 +0200
~~~~~ Chung, Stephen said:

>Slavery?....well I reckon all cameras are slaves to their master's bidding.
>In fact, having no auto-exposure modes or spotmeter I think the OM1 requires
>it's master to work that little bit harder in arriving at a suitable
>exposure setting for the picture he/she has in mind.  To my way of
>thinking(and I use the term loosely), that is a major attraction of using
>the OM1, plus it looks cuter than a bug in a rug don't you think?

If only!  My cameras sometimes have a mind of their own and take pictures
of boring subjects, unwanted corner intrusions such as litter or
branches...

Also: I have never come across the lack of mirror damping.  The shock
absorbers built-in to the mirror assembly were designed specifically to
avoid this problem.

Chris

mailto:cmib@xxxxxxxxxxx