shops with net access was: Re: [OM] Hoya ND 400

Subject: shops with net access was: Re: [OM] Hoya ND 400
From: Acer Victoria <siddim01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 1999 14:27:40 -0700 (PDT)
On Sun, 11 Jul 1999, Giles wrote:

>In my experience many shops have only a rudimentary Net prescence and
>sometimes only
>check their email once a week.  However some of my nicest dealings have been
>with
>such slow respondents.
>
>Thomas Haegin wrote:
>
>> However, 4 days ago I made an Email request for price confirmation for an
>> ICS filter to that astro speciality shop in Augsburg, Germany of which I
>> posted the link here some days ago... Great service! They haven't even
>> bothered to reply!! And I offered to prepay for the thing!!! So far, I must
>> say, they suck big time!!!!

This may have to do with the fact that most European countries have to pay
online charges per unit time, whereas here in the US, it's easy to get
unlimited access. At least this is what all the people across the pond
have been complaining about on USENET. Best,

/Acer Victoria
--
"Strong in the heart, weak in the flesh...."    --Def Leppard
"video meliora proboque, deteriora sequor."     --Ovid