Re: [OM] Hoya ND 400

Subject: Re: [OM] Hoya ND 400
From: Acer Victoria <siddim01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1999 15:47:20 -0700 (PDT)
On Mon, 5 Jul 1999, Thomas Haegin wrote:

>Victoria,
>
>positive: I have the Hoya filter booklet no. 9710G (probably means from
>10/98, German version). The thing is mentioned on page 29. They have a ND
>2x, 4x and 8x, plus this 400. But I don't know if it's just the name of it
>or whether it's really absorbing light with a factor 400.
>
>Also, I don't know the price. But I'll try to find out.

>Von: Acer Victoria <siddim01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>An: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Datum: Montag, 5. Juli 1999 21:57
>Betreff: Re: [OM] Eclips info
>
>>Crickey! a 400 stop ND filter?
>>
>>/Acer Victoria

Actually, come to think of it, I may have used such a beast. Redland High
School's Physics E class had students do projects during the year, and
they had kids tracking solar spots and perhaps flares. There was a thick
black piece of glass, mirrored on the front, that would fit on the front
of the telescope. With it in place, we could look directly at the sun for
extended periods of time and track the spots. Of course, to minimise the
risk of it falling off, the fit was snug, velvet lined all around, and one
person would stand watch to make sure no prankster will try to yank it off
while someone else was peering thru the scope <G> In fact, I might use
that for the photos in August!

/Acer Victoria
--
"Strong in the heart, weak in the flesh...."    --Def Leppard
"video meliora proboque, deteriora sequor."     --Ovid