Re: [OM] OT: How come my message was repeated?

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: How come my message was repeated?
From: Gary Schloss <schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 16:35:43 -0800
Per Nordenberg wrote:

>This afternoon I send a message to the list. It appeared about an hour
>later (I think) in my inbox. Almost three hours later the same message
>appears once again in my inbox!!! And it is certainly not the first time
>this is happening to me when I send a message to this list. Anyone else
>with the same experience and/or perhaps can give an explanation?

Ok, it's time to reveal the TRUTH!

I have it on good authority that the latest version of Majordomo, our
almighty list server software, includes a new component -- a bunch of
artificial intelligence subroutines.

The new software is implemented in such a way that all the intelligent,
informative, high "content to noise" ratio posts get prioritized,
amplified, and sometimes even replicated(!), whereas all the stoopid,
Off-Topic (OT), repetitive, or boring posts get "eaten" by the server
or by the net daemons.

IOW Per, if you see your posts more than once, pls rejoice -- there is
nothing to worry about.  Hallelujah, Majordomo loves ya, baby!

Btw, have you noticed how few of _my_ posts have been coming through
lately?  Some people had thought that I've been lurking, but it's not
true!  The new Majordomo simply muzzled me!  I think it hates my guts.
:-(

Cheers,

/Gary Schloss.
Studio City, California, USA