Re: [OM] Sticking magnet

Subject: Re: [OM] Sticking magnet
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 17:21:23 -0400
If it's an old OM-10 (type 1) below serial number 2,000,000, the mirror box
floor is glued in.  After you get that out,  you'll see the magnet in the
back.  You'll have to pry the flex circuit up and away from the magnet.  Be
careful cus you can rip the flex in this step.
Then wipe down the  manet face with a degreaser.
Mirror box floors for OM-10 type 2 (above ser. no. 2,000,000) is held down
with a screw at the back of the plate.  The screw hole is visisble at the
back when you hold the shutter open on B.

John
Camtech / Olympus Service since 1977
21 South La., Huntington NY 11743-4714
516-424-2121