[OM] Sticking magnet

Subject: [OM] Sticking magnet
From: norman dudman <nor_45@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 1999 06:53:36 PDT

I am sorry to ask this question again, but my email provider (HOTMAIL) stoped sending incomming emails for a week.
Sods law as I had just posted a question.

Is it possible to clean the shutter release magnet on an OM10?
I have tried to prise up the floor of the mirror box to gain access to the magnet but I don't want to force it. Also does the OM2n & OM40 suffer from the same sticky magnet problem? If so is it possible to do a DIY repair on these models?

Norman Dudman UK