Re: [OM] Re: IS-3

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: IS-3
From: "Per Nordenberg" <per.nordenberg@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 16:54:42 +0200
> Date: Thu, 01 Jul 1999 17:47:20 -0700
> From: "George M. Anderson" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> And, probably the best
> addition, is the G-40 flash.  The buit-in flash is quite good.
> Automatically covers the entire zoom range with the dual tubes, and has
> the usual anti-red-eye mode.  But, the G-40 (at ~ $140) adds: coverage
> to 28 and 300, rear curtain sync, multi flash, FP flash (unless you're
> in the US) auto-zooming flash - zooms with the lens, and more.  But best
> of all, it can point in any direction, allowing bounce flash and other
> creative flash work.  I get fantastically lit portraits with just this
> setup.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> George

George, I may have misunderstand this but are you saying that super FP flash
capability is with the G40? Well, if so it's not correct. The optional G40 has
a lot
of flash modes but super FP is not one of them. There is a fill-in flash mode
that can
be selected on the IS-3(000) display for the built-in flash, but I do not think
the
G40 is working in this mode even if mounted and in "ON" position (G40 manual is
little unclear here).

Super FP flash with the IS series is exclusively with the built-in flash of the
IS-3000 (referred to as the G28 in my IS-3000 broschure). In addition there is
now of
course also the new IS-30(0) with super FP flash.

Perhaps this is nitpicking but there is actually neither any auto-zooming flash
on the
G40. There is two auto selected positions of the flash head though - "WIDE"
with GN 32
or "TELE" with GN 40 (ISO 100). BTW, do you always do a test flash first to
check
proper flash emission when bounce shooting? Usually I do not since I'm too
afraid to
run out of battery power and also that the G40 won't be fully recharged when
the right
moment comes...

Per Nordenberg
Kolmården, Sweden