Re: [OM] Focusing screen characteristics: OM 2-x series

Subject: Re: [OM] Focusing screen characteristics: OM 2-x series
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 00:33:00 +0800
There are lots of people use matte area for focusing, I have been using this
method for a long time. It gave me much higher successful rate (in accurate
focusing) in different situation when compared to center spit focusing.
Also, in many cases, it is faster, as you don't need to focus and re-frame
(just like using AF camera that only with center focusing sensor).
Since you can use any point (of course not far corners) on the FC for
focusing.

There was a professional photographer who sold his whole set of OM equipment
to me few months ago, who use the matte screen on his OM4, he had installed
Canon EOS "E-C" screen on it no matter for use with 18/3.5, 21/2, 35/2 ...
or 300/4.5.

My experience told me, when using matte area for focusing, you have to turn
the lens focusing ring a few times to make the images fuzz-clear-fuzz, then
back to center, now you should got a very precise focusing point.

C.H.Ling