Re: [OM] OM-2 battery short

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2 battery short
From: Tom Curlee <t_curlee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 1999 12:15:33 PDT
John:

Is the main switch linkage connected to the cocking mechanism? I can remove the short from the bottom by pushing on part of the cocking linkage. Battery terminal resistance to ground is dependant on whether camera is cocked or not. Also, with fresh batteries, the camera will fire normally for a very short time until the batteries are sucked down.

Can I rotate the lens mount/shutter ring assembly up and away from the camera body without removing the shutter string and electrical wiring? Unless the main switch is somehow connected directly to the cocking linkages I still think I'll need to get futher into the camera body to find the short, which seems to be just under the lens mount flange.

Thanks, Tom