[OM] nicad control pack 2

Subject: [OM] nicad control pack 2
From: "Ron Crabtree" <crabtree@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1999 15:42:10 -0600
I have two nicad 15v control pack 2's.  One was recently serviced by a
camera repair company at a seller's expense and apparently brought up to
factory standards.  I assume it had new nicads placed in it but I am not
sure.  I am trying to leave it as is without taking off the selector plate
and opening it up to see just what kind of cells are in it since it really
works well.  Too well, I am afraid.  It is like a winder on steroids!!!.  It
seems to go faster than 5fps and rewinds like a tornado.  My other control
pack is one that I replaced the old nicads myself with NiMH cells(Varta
150mAh).  It works fine, but only seems to go around 4-4.5fps and rewinds
much slower.  Why would the new NiMh cells perform less well than the
presumed new Nicads, or does the "winder on steroids" scenario indicate that
I have much more powerful cells in the serviced winder than it should have?
I know, I know, I should open it up and see, but wonder if anyone out there
has an opinion or has ever "one on one" compared the performance of NiMH to
NEW nicads?  Thanks.

Ron Crabtree
Santa Fe,  NM