[OM] Focusing screen characteristics: OM 2-x series vs. Beattie?

Subject: [OM] Focusing screen characteristics: OM 2-x series vs. Beattie?
From: "Chip Stratton" <cstrat@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1999 15:19:47 -0500
If anyone has directly compared the OM 2 series focusing screens to the
Beattie, particularly with regard to their respective suitabilities for use
with not-so-fast telephoto lenses, I I would love to be educated.

I like the 2-4 screen in my OM4, but having just obtained a 500mm f/8 Zuiko
mirror lens, I don't trust in my ability to focus precisely enough with just
the matte, and am considering a 2-13 screen vs. the Beattie with a
split-image/matte configuration.

Whats the collective wisdom on this?

Thanks,
Chip Stratton