Re: [OM] control pack 2 upgrade

Subject: Re: [OM] control pack 2 upgrade
From: "Rand E. Tomcala" <rtomcala@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 1999 07:30:33 -0400
Jan,
  I rebuilt my pack using the Varta NiMH cells and I used all cells from
both 9v batteries.
  That stated, here is my observance on my pack.  I have charged it and
then let it set unused for greater than 60 days and still found that
there was more than enough charge left to give a positive indication on
the light.  Additionally, there was more than enough charge to provide
for 3 or 4  24 exp. rolls of film and still give good light.  I believe
that the standing leak down (self discharge) reputation for NiMH cells
is more than somewhat overstated, at least for the Varta cells that I
used.  Now, my camcorder battery, that's a different story.
Rand E.

snip  -  snip  -  snip