Re: [OM] OM3 versus OM4

Subject: Re: [OM] OM3 versus OM4
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 1999 13:41:07 +0200
: Can anyone please tell me the extent of the difference[s] between the OM3
: and OM4 bodies other than the fact that the OM3 is mechanical and the OM4 is
: reliant upon battery power [excepting the mechanical 1/60 shutter speed].
:
: I have an OM4 and would like to acquire an entirely mechanical OM body of no
: less calibre and quality.

Compared to the OM-4, the OM-3 misses:
- AE, EV memory
- TTL OTF flash
- self timer (sorry, no two sex... aah secs bulb exposure :)

For the rest it works pretty much the same as the OM-4 set at Manual,
including multi-spot reading, highlite/shadow control and battery drain :(

hnz