Re: [OM] Night shots/Space Shuttle launch

Subject: Re: [OM] Night shots/Space Shuttle launch
From: gary edwards <maitani@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 12:42:46 PDT
Scott,

I've only shot tactical missile launches, in daylight, so I don't have specific suggestions for exposure. I do know that solid rocket plumes are very much brighter than you might expect. Your best resources are likely within NASA itself, if not JSC, probably KSFC. Let us know what you find out. One suggestion, since you only get one shot at it (pun intended), try to get a second body with another film/exposure combination for backup. Contact me off list if you need a loaner (edwardsg@xxxxxxxxx). Good luck!

Gary Edwards