[OM] ADITL

Subject: [OM] ADITL
From: "George M. Anderson" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 06:32:30 -0700
This is for ACER and anyone else needing ADITLV1 reqs.  Copied here are
the relevant parts of my original proposal.  If the answer you seek
isn't in there, ask again.  Specific themes and dates suggested below
are superceded by those in the recent start msg.

* One entry per member would be digitized and e-mailed to me.  John
Petrush and Joel Wilcox have graciously offered their scanning services
for those in need. Please contact them off-line for details.  The image
should be scanned (either RGB or B&W) at a resolution of 72 pixels/inch
and appx 640/480 1:1 size. Saved as jpg medium res.  This should keep
image file sizes in the 20-50K range.  Enuf to show off on the screen,
but not so big as they take forever to download. Images should be
accompanied by the details: body, lens, film, aper., shutter even
filters. And a description of the image subject.

* I will handle the display of the images on a subpage of my site.  It
would be accessed by "http://www.whitneygallery.com/olympus"; I will
create thumbnails from the entries and have links to the larger photos.
I'm not quite sure how to handle the critiquing yet.  I may have to
actually write some code to do that!.  Certainly, list e-mails are one
way to handle it at first, unless folks object to what may be a huge
volume of e-mail.

* Once the exhibit is up, folks can bandy their critiques about.  All
list members are eligible to critique.  Each can critique none, one or
as many entries as they want.  Try to be constructive.

* This thing, if it survives infant mortality, may morph into a contest
I don't want to rule that out.  To appease those who would not enter if
it was a contest, we could have 2 'types' of entries: 'contest entries'
and 'for display and/or critique only'.

George

PS: Be sure to e-mail to the address below, not any of my aliases:

george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx