[OM] Eastman 910, loose rings and surgery

Subject: [OM] Eastman 910, loose rings and surgery
From: "Bov, Frank" <Frank.Bov@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 10:00:04 -0400
My first experience with cyanoacrylates was Eastman (as in Kodak) 910, in a
small can not unlike machine oil came in at the time, as opposed to today's
teeny tubes. Seems it was a byproduct of the film base manufacturing process
. . . they had lots and didn't know what to do with it!

When I had my one and only surgery (hernia at age 10), I never had stitches
on the outside, just a stiff layer that pealed off after a few days, not
unlike cyanoacrylates. Internally, they used stainless steel, as I recall.

And in my early research into Oly-land, I came across a nice procedure for
ring rubber repair that entailed removal of a thin strip of rubber and
reattachment using said cyanoacrylate adhesive in such a manner that the
nubby pattern matched up at the incision, resulting in a near invisible
repair. This probably came from Lee Hawkins' FAQ+ page:

http://www.astro.wellesley.edu/lhawkins/photo/photo.shtml

Frank