[OM] Re: [OM-OT] Super Glue

Subject: [OM] Re: [OM-OT] Super Glue
From: Tmoynihan@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 19:46:28 EDT
<There's an urban myth (on this side of the atlantic) it was developed for
vietnam to <temporarily stick unfortunate GIs back together on the
battlefield.

I don't know about that--maybe so, maybe not, but the early advertising
always showed a construction-type guy hanging from an overhead beam,
suspended by nothing but his hard-hat, which was super glued to the beam.
Not sure of development, but marketing initially was not toward sticking
people back together.

However, I think I read recently (and may have heard on the NPR/BBC Overnight
feed) about surgeons who ARE using super glue currently, instead of stitches,
staples, etc.  Supposed to work pretty well in the right situation.  I
understand it's great for keeping mouths closed!! (Ouch!)

Regards,

Tom Moynihan