[OM] To OM or not to OM

Subject: [OM] To OM or not to OM
From: KenK1ZYW@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 09:26:09 EDT
Thank you for the posts.....  I have been playing w/ this N70 and 28-200 for
about  5 months now and have figured it out.

My usual  overseas touring gear is OM4ti, OM2n, 21f3.5, 24f2.8, 35 to 70zoom,
55mm 1.2 (for inside no flash allowed), 70 - 200 and a  2X. and a t20 w/ t20
cord

To this I can had a 16 fish or 90 f.2 or 500 etc depending on where I'm
going. In general the chromes (950f images are chromes) come out fine or
better; but, the downfall is people pictures in very contrasty conditions
(like in Greece on beach) or in this case in Armenia.

Often I can't hang a reflector on the subject, and the extreme sun precludes
the use of f-sync of 60 (which leaves the OM2n out totally) So in theory the
F280 w/ OM4ti should work. This has got to be the funkyest flash system with
very little written about it from mother Oly.  Contrast that with the N70
(and other contemporary) flash, fill flash, front and rear curtain flash,
auto flash bracketing, etc - don't get me wrong I'm a zuikoholic big time;

I suppose I could bring my usual gear  and as was suggested put a Oly stylis
for the outdoor fill flash and leave the big wonder brick home....

So I will decide later...

Cheers

Ken M