Re: [OM] ADITL and list survival

Subject: Re: [OM] ADITL and list survival
From: sje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 19:00:21 +0000
For the ADITL project, may I suggest the use of off-list critiques?  They
could be sent to a single e-mail address, and posted on the site as simple
HTML.  There is no need for this quite specific material being part of the
general mailing list.  It would also make sense for it to be in the same
place as the images to which it refers.  Critiques should only be submitted
if the photographer indicates positively, otherwise it should be deemed that
none is required, IMHO.

I also feel that list traffic has grown to the point where wading through
the digests is becoming tedious.  My gripe (and it has been made before) is
that far too many people just copy a previous, sometimes lengthy mail, and
add a couple of lines above or below.  This is lazy and unnecessary.  If you
are quoting someone and *need* to retain some of the original comment,
please cut it to a minumum amount which still conveys their point with clarity.

Thanks,

Simon E.