Re: [OM] Re:OM System & Digital Photography

Subject: Re: [OM] Re:OM System & Digital Photography
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 1999 23:44:42 +0000
At 01:15 6/13/99 , Jeff wrote:
>P.S.  What is the name of the kodak slide film (iso 100) that is a little
>more neutral and more suitable for portraits again?  I plan on shooting a
>lot of velvia but want some faster film for those other situations..

In Kodak consumer films, try:
        Elitechrome 100
This is the consumer version of the professional Ektachrome E100S and
should not to be confused with the Elitechrome 100 Extra Color (see below).

In Kodak's E-6 professional films:
        Ektachrome E100S,
        Ektachrome 100 Plus (EPP), or
        Ektachrome E100SW
E100S, 100 Plus and E100SW are moderately saturated compared to straight
Ektachrome 100 (EPN) and recommended by Kodak for fashion/glamor work.  EPN
is "neutral" and recommended more for inanimate objects where accurate
color reproduction is important.  E100SW is a "warm" version of E100S,
supposedly for heavy overcast days when you would be tempted to throw on a
Skylight filter.

I've used the Elitechrome 100 and E100S with decent results (IMO).

[BTW, Kodak's new super mondo color reversal (to compete with Velvia) is
Elitechrome 100 Extra Color  and E100VS (pro version).  It is vividly
saturated . . . just shot a couple rolls of it . . . the slides jumped off
of the light table.]

-- John