[OM] Re: Imagek (imaginery photo hardware?)

Subject: [OM] Re: Imagek (imaginery photo hardware?)
From: Phillip Franklin <pfranklin@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 1999 21:00:17 -0700
Hi all,

I'm also relatively new to this list (maybe a month or so) but I've
known about this Imagek thing for over 2 years.  I think it's some kind
of hoax or or prank.  By the time they get this thing out it will be so
outdated it will be useless.  It's original resolution was about .8
megapixals. Then it went to to about a megapixel now its going to be 1.4
megapixels.  The Olympus Camedia is 2.1 megapixels.  However no one that
I know has ever seen the Imagek cartridge.  Yes I asked to be on a beta
test also. I've been a beta tester of software for many hardware
products from the Epson orignal photo stylus to to Fuji digital
cameras.  Most of the companies pay for my evaluation services and
analysis. I earn part of my living this way.  I doubt that this Imagek
product exists even in an alpha form.  So if anyone knows otherwise
please let me know.  I suspect this is either a hoax, or a vaporware
product.  I would like to see it but I doubt I ever will.

Phillip Franklin