Re: [OM] Good Bye. The boy who cried Wolf?

Subject: Re: [OM] Good Bye. The boy who cried Wolf?
From: "Per Nordenberg" <per.nordenberg@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 1999 13:53:43 +0200
----- Original Message -----
From: Ken Norton <image66@xxxxxxx>
To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, June 09, 1999 6:25 PM
Subject: [OM] Good Bye. The boy who cried Wolf?

> This email is not a joke.  It is with sadness that I am writing it.  I
will
> hang on until the end of the week before unsubscribing.  I wish to remain
> in contact with some of you (Sorry, Gary Schloss, you made the list),  <g>
> but will need to join the ranks of Michael Covington and others who used
> be highly active on the list but just ran out of time to be part of the
group.

> Thanks everybody for a fun couple of years.  With the likes of Kelton,
Gary
> and other creative writers, I know the list will be in good hands in my
> absence.  If there is anything that you feel would be of interest to me,
> please forward it to me.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Ken
>
> Kenneth E. Norton
> Image66 Photography, Broadcast Consulting and Audio Engineering

Hi Ken

Sorry to see that you must leave. In spite of the recent growth of this list
with sometimes an overwhelming number of mails I've always tried to read all
posts from a few list members that I know usually has someting entertaining
or educational to say, and you certainly have been among those. From you I
learned that I wasn't narrow-minded or stupid because I happened to love
both my OM-2SP and my IS-3000. The way you once described the opening of a
parcel containing one of your beautiful OM bodys that had been repaired, was
written in a such a sensitive and touching way that it made me feel like I
belonged to a very special kind of people.

I'm sure your absence will be felt not only by myself but also by many
others on this list. With currently some 2500 mails in my inbox I can surely
understand your problem though. Still, I think I will try to hang on for yet
awhile. Why? Simply because life without the daily Oly content from this
list is still unimagineable. BTW, have you considered subscribing to the
digest form of the list? This seems more and more like a conceivable
alternative for me. Good luck in the future.

Per Nordenberg
Kolmården, Sweden