[OM] Intro, sorry I am late.

Subject: [OM] Intro, sorry I am late.
From: "Jón Ingi Jósafatsson" <joningi@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 21:41:35 -0000
Hi,
I was born in June 1944 and got my first experience of photography as a kid
when a man rented a room in my parents house
and used it as a darkroom. There I lerned how to make prints in a enlarger and
contact prints in a box with a bulb
inside. At 14 I got my first box camera (6x6). 1961 I bought my first 35mm and
with it I got a bulb flash. The
flashbulbs had a real "blue dot" and I got burnt fingers from getting the bulbs
out of the flash. Clear bulbs were used
for BW and blue for color slides. In the following years I got electronic
flashes with less light output than the bulbs
and
a C*n*n rangefinder and I built my own darkroom. 1973 I bought my first
Olympus, a 35RC. The main reason I bought it was
that it fitted perfectly in my pocket while hiking in the Austrian Alps.  It
proved so good that 1976 I bought a OM-1
with a 50/1,4. I still use both cameras. A 75-150/4  came a few years later,
then 35-70/4 and a winder 2 in 1985. And
last christmas I got a Vivitar 90/2,8 macro 1:1. (Yes Giles I am an one body
man too).

I have been listening on the list for about two months to learn the tone, and
have recently started to send some
irrelevant postings. I hope not to annoy you to much and if someone ask a
question where I know the  answer I might try
to answer it.

I dont think the list needs a moderator.

My best regards.
Jon Ingi Josafatsson
Reykjavik
Island / Iceland