[OM] Missing beep on OM-4?

Subject: [OM] Missing beep on OM-4?
From: Siri Bjoner <sbjoner@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 00:12:29 +0200
This might be me hallucinating, but...

AFAICR, my OM-4 used to "beep" when I did the battery test (ON/OFF/Test
lever). As the delightful sound of the OM-1 was being discussed, I checked
cos I couldn't remember having heard that beep in a while - and it's gone!

I can't actually remember hearing it since the circuits were fixed in 1994.
The strange thing is that the batteries are from around that time.

Could it be that I have an opposite "dead" battery? It doesn't beep
(although the checklight is there) because it thinks the batteries are dead?

Or did it see something in the repair facility that it shouldn't have, and
has been silenced for ever by the ever-reaching conspiracy against
Zuikoholics???

siri.

po box 9024 gronland, n-0133 oslo mailto:sbjoner@xxxxxxxxx fone: +47 9010
4635 fax: +47 9030 6420
"argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they're yours" ... r. bach