Re: [OM] Leader of the pack

Subject: Re: [OM] Leader of the pack
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 1999 13:08:42 -0500
At 08:48 AM 6/8/99 -0700, you wrote:

>Joel;
>
>I don't know if you're serious, but I think this voting more than once
>is pretty silly.
>
>If you keep this up, you'll be forced to move to California and register
>as a democrat.
>
>george

Hi George,

Not very serious, although I did successfully vote more than once in an
attempt to see whether they had done the programming to eliminate duplicate
votes.  They seem to be able to prevent multiple votes one right after the
other, but after a couple hours, like the girl in the Tennesee Williams'
play, you're a virgin once again. At first I figured they were bagging
something off my machine, but now I believe it is simply a meaningless
Internet sideshow making someone rich with advertising revenue. The whole
thing probably illustrates (sadly) which set of camera owners is the most
desperate for some kind of larger meaning in the current state of affairs.
Sorry to be a party-pooper.

As for moving to California, it's awfully tempting, but I may be needed
closer to home when Illinois puts Gore over the top in 2000 ("Chicago,
Chicago, you're my kinda town ...").  And California's in the pocket ;-)

Joel

Joel Wilcox
Iowa City, Iowa USA