[OM] On-topic.

Subject: [OM] On-topic.
From: Omer Nezih GEREK <gerek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 18:21:58 +0200 (MET DST)
I've listened to the advice of "get out and use your Oly before asking
off-topic and stupid questions, such as film curvature for scanner
sensitivuty", and (ab)used the newly acquired slide scanner in my lab.
It was a Coolscan LS2000. And, yes, that effect is not noticable - if any
- in the scans. In that aspect, the scanner does a better job than a
Leica P150 (the stupid one) projector, which requires slight focus change
to see the corners sharper (yes the corners are sharp - in case you wonder).

I've put small and moderate sized versions of these scans under
http://ltswww.epfl.ch/~gerek/Personal/Images/New/

I really did not touch the scans, except for an addition of my name to
annoy people. Nor did I alter the scanning settings. All recent ones
(outside Turkey) are OM4T. All are nothing but Zuiko. Most recent ones
are either 24/2.8 (SC), 35-105/3.5-4.5, or 50-250/5. The pictures from
Turkey are rather old, and the Safranbolu pictures were simply ruined by
the f@£$@@ lab that *developed*!£!%£$@ the film!!!

To talk a bit of my Oly story - I am 30, born in Turkey, got the first
Oly (an OM-30 / OM-F) in 1986. It was beautiful, but the shutters were
inaccurate. Soon got rid of it, and got a well worn, but wonderfully
working OM2N with 28/3.5, 50/1.8 (of course) and 135/3.5. I had been very
happy with a later 35-70/3.6 and 65-200/f4, but now my travel bag usually
contains the three lenses that I listed in the above paragraph, the
Viv2X-macro, Viv extension tubes, B+W MC circ-pol, F280, OM4T and a new
OM1 (thanks Wayne!).

And that's about it. As for the pictures in the above URL, I do not claim
any photographic quality or so. I just enjoy. I just enjoy. I just enjoy.

Well.. I am a zuikolohic. I am OMer.

Omer Nezih Gerek
Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (EPFL)
Signal Processing Laboratory (LTS)
CH-1015 Ecublens
Lausanne, Switzerland
http://ltswww.epfl.ch/~gerek