Re: [OM] Introduction to Macro Photography Link OT

Subject: Re: [OM] Introduction to Macro Photography Link OT
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 1999 13:01:53 +0200
: But how could there of been NOTHING on the negative?
: Not just negs that were opened to early or something.  Help me out here!!!

My first guess is that you didn't load the film correctly, i.e. that the
film slipped from the wind-up spool while you were winding it. Make it a
second nature to check the rewind spool turning a least when you do the
first couple of blind shots. If this happened, you should have noticed that
there was something wrong while rewinding. If rewinding felt ok, then there
may be something wrong with the camera. Just look what happens with the
shutter with the back open. Do the curtains open? With shorter shutter
speeds you can check this while holding the camera against the light. Do the
film take-up spool and dual sprocket turn when you operate the film advance
lever?
Three other possible options:
1) you operated the camera with a winder or motor drive on 'B' or mechanical
'1/60' without batteries in the camera (causes film winding w/o shutter
operation, at least on an OM-4. You didn't mention which camera you used)
2) there's a giant light leak that continuesly exposed the film
3) you were taking lomographic hip shots and forgot to take the lens cap
off.. ;-)

Hnz