Re: [OM] OM-2s flash only fires in manual/spot mode?

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2s flash only fires in manual/spot mode?
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 22:46:15 +0200
: Does anyone have any idea as to why my recently acquired OM-2s won't
: trigger a flash (via pc socket or hotshoe) unless it's in Manual/Spot
mode?
:  I tried it with a Vivitar 4600 with an Olympus dedicated module (tried on
: the hotshoe) and a Vivitar 283 (tried on the hotshoe and with a pc cord).
: I'm assuming that with the Vivitar 4600 and the OM dedicated module, the
: camera's shutter speed should automatically be set at 1/60 in both Program
: and Auto mode when the flash is fully charged.  However, that is not the
: case.

In Auto or Program mode the shutter is automatically sync'ed at 1/60 sec
with a dedicated flash *unless* available light enables shorter shutter
speeds, in which case the lens should be stopped down.

Hnz