Re: [OM] OM-4 + batteries, lens question.

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-4 + batteries, lens question.
From: "Charles Loeven" <cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 15:22:55 -0400
<<question 2:  has anyone owning an OM-4 ever found that the batteries can
actually be "DEAD" before the battery tester indicates?  specifically, this
last weekend, i was shooting with an OM-4 using the self timer, and about
1/2 way through the 10 second timer cycle, the camera shutter would lock up
and the self timer beeper would stop. then i have to reset the camera by
moving the shutter speed ring to "B".  so, i know the self timer takes a lot
of battery power, but shouldn't the battery test tell me that there is
enough "Juice" to power the self timer?????>>

Well James, I don't know about the OM4 but my OM2 batteries seem to
lose power after a while and the mirror will lock up ocasionally.
As time goes on it gets worse till it will not come down at all.
The battery check light shines bright all through this.
The self timer would only add to this misery I imagine.
(I don't use my ST)

Charlie L.