Re: [OM] OM-4 Pre-Fire Problems

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-4 Pre-Fire Problems
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 11:48:11 +0200
Chip wrote:

: One bit of additional information that could help me; I don't know how
much
: of the self-timer switch actually revolves left or right.  There's
: apparently two shells or parts (one flush with the red light in the
center)
: and another just below it against the body.
:
: - Do they both turn ? (if so, the glue may be the problem)
:
: - How far up does the lever pull "up" ? (I've tried to carefully pull mine
: up and I get no travel vertically whatsoever, although, the lever itself
: does not seem to be glued down)

You consequently name your camera OM-4, not OM-4Ti. As I wrote earlier, the
switches are different on these cameras - it is redesigned. The one on the
OM-4 indeed of *two* rings. The front ring, that has the tab and the LED, is
the one that is supposed to move. It can be moved *without* pulling it up
first! As a matter of fact, you *can't pull it up! It can be moved in both
directions (to the lens=beeper off, midde=beeper on, from the lens=self
timer). The movement is not very much - about 6mm.
The redesigned switch on the OM-4Ti exists of *three* rings. The tab (which
also looks different because it has a small grip on it) is located on the
middle ring; it should first be pulled up slightly (maybe 1mm) and than it
can turn. The outer ring, the one with the LED, or the inner ring don't
move.

Hnz