[OM] A balanced view

Subject: [OM] A balanced view
From: "Tom Trottier" <infoanim@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 11:00:12 -0400
I'd tend to use the rear-most socket because it's closer to the source
of vibrations, allowing less freedom to vibrate.

Tom

> Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 13:59:05 EDT
> From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [OM] Achieving Imbalance
>
> Kelton writes:
>
> > Gary attaches the assembly to the *first*
> >  screwhole (counting from the body), so that the mass of the lens is
> >  forward from the attachment point. (So that, if the tripod stud gave
> >  way, or you hadn't locked down the tripod head, the lens would
> >  immediately pitch forward onto its objective! But let's not imagine
> >  that.)
>
> LOL.  Now, now.  There went my future chance to test a loaned 180mm f/2.
>
> <--- looking at a pix of me shooting a 350mm f/2.8 with a REAR socket used
>  :-)
>
> Kelton's tip is a good one!  We all need more opportunities to shoot with
> fellow Zuiks.
>
> Gary Reese
> Las Vegas, NV
> ... back from discovering saguaros don't bloom for more than a day.
Duh
From: Tom Trottier, President, ACT Productions Inc.
infoanim@xxxxxx                   http://www.act.ca
+1 613 594-4829                 fax +1 613 594-8944
199 Holmwood Ave,  Ottawa, Ontario, Canada  K1S 2P3
"Make it as simple as possible, but no simpler" - Einstein