[OM] Hi

Subject: [OM] Hi
From: Jeffrey E Bellin <jeffbellin@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 13:21:55 EDT
Hi,
I just thought I would introduce myself. I guess I'm the new kid on the
block. I just found this address last Friday and since I signed up I've
received about 120 e-mails.
How may messages do you guys generate a week!?

I've pretty much been an Olympus usere since the 70's. I started with a
35RD rangefinder then switched to an ON2n with an XA along the way. They
really do seem to make rugged cameras. My OM2n has been all over the
world with me and seem to bounce pretty well when I've dropped it. It's
too bad they've changed their focus away from the SLRs.

I do have a question for anyone who knows. I'm being given an OM2s this
week. I pretty much know what the differences are between it and the
OM2n, but how does the program mode work. I'm waiting for Olympus to send
me a manual but until then I'm interested in finding more out. I know the
camera picks a shutter speed and aperature. I'd imagine that you set the
f stop to the minimum and the camera does the rest, but how does the
camera adjust the aperature. Does it only trip the diaphram lever on the
lens part way during the exposure or does it always stop the lens down
all the way and catches the right moment on the fly and release the
shutter at just the right time.

What does everyone think of the OM2s versus the OM2n? Is it an upgrade or
a downgrade.

Thanks for your info and I'm looking forward to learning more about my
equipment from all of you.

Jeff Bellin
Newton, MA