Re: [OM] Lens Test: 250mm f/2 Zuiko (hold on to your hats!)

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens Test: 250mm f/2 Zuiko (hold on to your hats!)
From: "Ulf Westerberg" <ulf.westerberg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 May 1999 15:27:53 +0200
John A Prosper wrote:

>If I recall correctly, this lens was judged superior in sharpness to
>the legendary Canon 200/1.8L.

The testresults on www.photodo.com site for the Canon showed this as their
best lens ever tested. It really is legendary, and for the Zuiko to surpass
this is almost too good to be true, the Zuiko being at least 12 years older
in design. John, can you recall where you did get this info?

If the Photodo testings are the same as for the now renamed/defunct swedish
photomag Aktuell Fotografi (which I think it is), the sharpest lens tested
prior to the Canon was the Tamron 90/2.5 macro. As we all know, the Zuiko
90/2 equals or surpasses the Tamron, so IOW the Zuiko 90/2 is another
super-superstar, unfortunately not tested at Photodo.

Ulf Westerberg
Nature- and Travel Photography at www.start.at/westerberg