Re: [OM] MLU and graphic illustration of vibrations

Subject: Re: [OM] MLU and graphic illustration of vibrations
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 14:43:49 EDT
Tomoko writes:

> Those of you who are concerned about vibrations caused by the mirror flip
can
>  see what looks like in the waveform:
>
>  http://photo.net/photo/nature/mlu.html

Thanks for that informative link.  Looks like everyone who follow-up
commented on this missed the vibration effects induced by the auto diaphram
mechanism.  Those who remember camera literature from the early 50's (esp.
regarding Exacta and Alpa) will know that auto diaphram vibration was a big
point of discussion in the RF vs. SLR debate.  How we have forgotten the past.

Given the large number of tripod mount shots I take on any given roll of
film, I think my days shooting with an OM-1 or OM-2 are over.  I'll also be
slowly redoing lens tests in the 90 to 1000mm range.  This time strictly on
the OM-4.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV