[OM] The "Truth" Comes Out

Subject: [OM] The "Truth" Comes Out
From: Ken Norton <image66@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 12:17:38 -0500
Wow, talk about humour impairedness!  Let me apologise for my failure to
adequately convey the message I was trying to say.  No excuses, but I was
rather ill yesterday.

First of all, I have a tendency to poke holes in what I feel is absurb.
William's "Good-bye" post was rediculous and uncalled for.  Instead of
slamming him with a response like "you weenie" I created a knock-off post
just to point out that I think he is being a weenie without actually saying
that he is a weenie.  THAT, my friends was the point of the whole post.

I did, however, skewer a few recent topics, such as the photo contest and
music.  Yes, I did come across a little venomously, but I hoped that my
"Aunt Mimi's Dentured Ham" comment would counterbalance it a little.  I do
like Mozart and prefer it while writing proposals (where humour is not
welcome).  I like British Rock (80's on), but still can't stand Paul Simon.
 Sorry Baby Boomers.

Talk about short memories, I figured my SUV comments were dead give-aways.
My wife and I have a Jeep Cherokee and a Chevy Suburban.  The rule of the
house is that they must return clean.  I've spent many dollars cleaning mud
off of them so Karen wouldn't find out that I buried the Jeep up to the
doors.  But it still pains me everytime I get a scratch on them.

I am still irritated though that no one laughed at my funnies in the "Age"
post.

Splitting the list?  Yeah right!  "Zuiko-X".  I thought it was cute.
50/1.8 lenses and pocket protectors.  These, along with the body piercings,
were dead giveaways folks!  Karen would kill me if I ever got a piercing.
She won't even let me try on the magnetic type!  I have broken my left
clavicle mountain biking though.  I'm not a Baby Boomer, nor am I really a
Gen-Xer.  The Gen-X thing started just after me, but I guess I was part of
the "pioneering" crowd of "Pre-Xers."  I take great joy in riding my
Mountain bike and flying stunt kites powerful enough to haul me into the
next county.  Like most "Pre-Xers" I prefer Lycra to baggy shorts with the
crotch down by the knees.

My sense of humour (or is that senseless humour?) is a twisted mix of David
Letterman, Monty Python, Saturday Night Live, Faulty Towers and Dick Van
Dyke.  Now you should really feel sorry for me.  Actually you should feel
sorry for my wife and kids!  My mother-in-law deserves it though.  <g>

Ken ("Your dog isn't dead, it's just sleeping") Norton
Kenneth E. Norton
Image66 Photography, Broadcast Consulting and Audio Engineering

image66@xxxxxxx
(515) 791-2306