Re: [OM] Good-bye. Me too.

Subject: Re: [OM] Good-bye. Me too.
From: Gary Schloss <schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 22:19:39 -0800
Ken <TIC> Norton wrote:

>I can't believe that it has come to this, but I too will cease to
>participate in this list.
>
>Why?  Because it has been revealed that most of you are Baby Boomers
>with an attitude of "technogeekism." [...]
>I've decided, that this list has outgrown itself and must be split
>into a list for you humourless old codgers and us Generation-Xers.

Ken, you?  Generation X?  At the ripe old age of 33?!  Yeah right...
Dream on, pal !!!  :-)

>We Gen-Xers spend thousands on our titanium skateboards, skis,
>snowboards and mountain bikes and so forth... [...]
>Come on, Vert.  Come on, Toky.  We need to go get our belly button
>pierced now.

Hmmm, I'm not a shrink, but this sounds to me an awful lot like an
early mid-life crisis more than a Gen-X rebellion.  (Hmmm, does your
wife know about that?)   Besides, you're confused: we all know that
Gen-X'ers are no rebels -- they're _slackers_, right? :-)

Come on, Ken, come back to your senses and rejoin the Generation Z,
otherwise known as Zuiks/Zuikettes or Zuikoholics.  You'll feel
much, MUCH better, I promise. :-)

<Nurse Xena!  We'll start Mr. Norton with five half-hour zessions
a week.>

Cheers,

/Gary "Zee Shrink" Zschloss.
Studio City, California, USA