Re: [OM] OM-4 Meter Reading

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-4 Meter Reading
From: "Tom Curlee" <t_curlee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 23:10:10 PDT

I found the dirty resistor board problem show up in another way in my 4T
(which I had not used for awhile).  I had the camera set to MANUAL but the
shutter speeds  and meter display were still in the AUTOMATIC mode.
After racking the Auto / MAN switch back & forth about 30 times, the camera
returned to   manual.

John

John:

Perhaps you remember my post from a few months ago about a OM-2n that got the manual and auto modes mixed up when the camera was left overnight with the lens cap on. The problem seemed to be 'cured' if the lens cap was removed and the lens pointed toward a light source.

I tried your 'fix' by moving the auto/manual switch and exposure comp knob back and forth 20 or 30 times. After the 'fix' I couldn't duplicate the problem. Looks like once again your knowledge of Olympus saves the day. Thanks much.

Tom