RE: R: [OM] Mystery Sunpak

Subject: RE: R: [OM] Mystery Sunpak
From: "Tomoko Yamamoto" <tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 23:00:22 -0400
Doris Fang wrote:
>    I don't own any OM-4 series cameras (there's another future addition
>to the OM pile), but it has the right configuration on the foot, the
>thing has the correct designation: OT-1D (sounds like a Star Wars robot,
>doesn't it ? :-). I'll try it on my OMPC...see what happens. It looks
>like something in the 283/285 class power-wise, but with better
>bounce capabilities.

Belatedly, I finally looked up the Sunpak section of the Japanese Photoaccessory
Catalog that I have referred to several times.

They list the B3600DX (GN=36 at ISO=100) with a picture of the unit. It looks
like having a bounce head and it is supposed to come with a Tele kit, TL-8.
They also have a picture of the OT-1D with its functions listed in the table
along with other modules  for other camera models.  The OT-1D is supposed to
work with the OM-2N, OM-2SP, OM-40, OM-4, and OM-707.  It is capable of
automatic setting of the shutter speed (this is not clear from what it says on
the table), indicating of charging in the VF, confirmation of auto O.K. (needs
to be confirmed on the flash), and TTL.  The Japanese list price is
¥24,000 and the module (in Japanese DX shoe) OT-1D is ¥4000.

Tomoko Yamamoto
mailto:tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx
http://www.charm.net/~tomokoy/