Re: [OM] good-bye

Subject: Re: [OM] good-bye
From: "David Brown" <keswick@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 17:10:29 +0100
Frank - with all respect I believe that you may have missed part of the
story here ....

I have tried very hard not to respond to William's comments over the last
few weeks but enough is enough!

I tend to delete messages regularly so I may be mistaken here but I can
remember three "outbursts" over the past month or so. The first was a public
denouncement of a list member who had asked William to photocopy a few pages
of
Vision Age for him. The main reason was the time taken to photocopy and post
the pages (a little ironic to me as I had just spent many hours and put up
$1,000 of my own money up front to obtain copies for several list members,
one of whom was William). The issue of copyright was also mentioned but why
did this have to be done so publicly on list?

The second occasion was over a technical issue; I cannot remember the
details but I do know that several list members who seem much more
knowledgeable than myself did disagree with William.

The third occasion was I thought an unbelievable diatribe against someone
who had made a flip comment (in response to a jovial thread about Paul Simon
and Kodakchrome) saying that he preferred Mozart.

To be honest with you I thought that these totally over the top responses
were tongue in cheek; I am not sure how far John Cleese and Faulty Towers
have spread around the world but those who have seen him in full spate will
know what I mean.

If William has left the list I am disappointed; but I felt much more sorry
to whoever asked him privately to photocopy a few pages of Vision Age and
found himself publicly harangued on the list.

David