RE: [OM] Re: Image Contest

Subject: RE: [OM] Re: Image Contest
From: "Brian P. Huber" <bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 22:52:44 -0400
Succinctly stated.

-----Original Message-----
From:   owner-olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Acer Victoria
Sent:   Monday, May 24, 1999 9:27 PM
To:     olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

My, this /is/ getting out of hand here. Why not just stay with the
unofficial gallery if we're going to get that hot over something like
this? Come come, gentlemen (ladies?), let's keep this simple. The theme
idea was good. Forget all the regulation, at least till we get this thing
STARTED! Heck, it's still vaporware and we're getting stuffy about it.
Let's have a recap, then, and all opinion are most welcome:

1. some sort of a theme;

2. bimonthly or trimonthly to start;

3. no names attributed to photo till voted 1, 2 and 3; no limits on how
many times a person wins; only ONE entry per competition.

4. voting open to all list members;

5. criticism (NOT flaming) welcome, but not required; make that
CONSTRUCTIVE review;

6. Oly bodies, and any glass; any lens will do;

7. to minimize discrepancies in uploading image, print or slide should be
scanned by one person alone, unadulterated through electronic means;
preferably, person hosting competition should scan and upload images; send
COPY of slide or print to him/her;

8. technical info welcome but not mandatory;

9. ALL photos, whether voted winners or not, ought to be reviewed; helps
less experience folk ;-) like yours truly, and last but not least,

10. THIS IS IN GOOD SPIRITS, NOT A COMPETITION FOR BRAGGING RIGHTS! ENJOY
it, not get upset over little quibbles. Life is too short.