Re: [OM] Have a 2n, worth om 2000 backup?

Subject: Re: [OM] Have a 2n, worth om 2000 backup?
From: Christopher Biggs <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 25 May 1999 10:24:46 +1000
Jeff Borenstein <jsb@xxxxxxxx> moved upon the face of the 'Net and spake thusly:

>     I am 16 year old aspiring photographer.  My dad has an old Olympus Om
> 2n, a 50mm 1.8 lens, 28 f3.5 lens, 135 3.5 lens, 80 - 200 lens (sigma), 35 -
> 70 (sigma), flash, etc.  I will be taking photo 1 next year in high school,
> and I am going to Costa Rica this summer and am really looking forward to
> some great picture opportunities.  My question is,  the om 2000, reasonably

I recommend you imprison your father in the North Tower immediately,
relieving him of his OM gear first of course.     Your (OM) empire
will then be on a safe footing, from which you can start to   improve
your positition further.

Another body is always a good idea.  (Zuikoholics anonymous, here I
come!).  If you're concerned about reliability a new body might set
you at ease more than a used OM-1.  Perhaps have the 2n serviced.

Insure everything for replacement value before you go!

cjb.