Re: [OM] Age Data

Subject: Re: [OM] Age Data
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 16:29:32 EDT
        OK, here goes:  I'll be 45 next month, discovered Olympus in the mid
70's, played with OM-1 and OM-10 back then, really liked the OM-10 and
settled with that as my main body. I had moved up from a Yashica 35MM
rangefinder that had optional wide and tele accessory add on lenses, (can't
remember the model name).
   (before that, I go back to the Kodak Brownie days, remember those hot
flashbulbs?)
I briefly visited the Leica and Contax camps, but stayed with OM. About the
time my daughter was born; she's 11 and my son is 9, I convinced myself I
needed autofocus and went Nikon with the 2020AF ( I also briefly owned the
N70, hated its feel and its interface; 4004, 6006,) but always kept and used
the 2020, since it had the most "classic" feel and controls. It felt like a
camera and not a computer. I bought my wife a Stylus and myself an IS-10,
then shortly after, an OM-PC.  Somewhere along the way I realized I didn't
need Nikon, nor autofocus, and came back full time to Olympus. I now own a
4T, PC, two OM-10s, two OM-Gs and an XA, along with various lenses and
flashes. ( I must confess I kept two Nikon lenses and a flash and this past
Christmas received a Nikon N60 as a gift from my wife, I keep it, but haven't
even shot 1 frame of film with it. I'll probably keep it for its AF "just in
case"). I also have a Canon Elph which, along with the Stylus, takes photos
of such quality they rival the OMs and Zuiko lenses. ( hey- sometimes you
just can't lug a bag around).
        Happy Shooting,
        George S.