Re: [OM] Zuiko 35-70/4 or 35-70/3.6

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 35-70/4 or 35-70/3.6
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 21:16:52 +0800
Hi Warren,

I have bought a 35-70/3.6 few months ago, there was some dirty inside, at
that time I expected I can clean it. But when I disassembled it I found the
"dirty" was the between two elements that cemented together, it was problem
with the glue. Later I found a second one, that one looked good, only minor
fog when looked through the lens, again it was the same problem. But I had
tried some shots with it, the pictures looks great except in backlight
situation. I think your lens may have the same problem.

Few day ago, I bought the third one, this one is very worn outside but the
inner element looked good. I was lucky this time, the elements I need is in
perfect condition. I took the elements out and put it on the second lens, it
looks very clear now. I have just tried some shoots with it, the picture
quality
is excellent and no problem with high intensity objects.

I have a photo taken at 70mm end, if anyone interested can have a look at:

  http://www.asiaonline.net.hk/~chling/z3570.jpg

At last, If anyone have damaged 35-70/3.6 and inside elements are good,
please contact me offlist, I would like to buy one more so that I can save
one more.

C.H.Ling