Re: [OM] Re: Warning: no OM. Arcane Quest: lewd conduct Warning: little

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Warning: no OM. Arcane Quest: lewd conduct Warning: little or no [OM] conten
From: Jan Steinman <jans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 May 1999 09:47:11 -0700
>From: "Wayne Harrison" <wayno@xxxxxxxxxx>

>From: George M. Anderson <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

>>I was referring here to a particular wolfpack of liberal lawyers who got
>>a notorius
>>double-murderer football player off by twisting the truth and other
>>devious methods.

>...  the simpson verdict... had nothing
>to do with liberals or conservatives.  it had everything to do with race,
>baby.

My impression was that it had more to do with money than race. The lesson
to me was, "If you have millions of dollars, you can stay out of jail, no
matter what the DNA test says."

Having just gone through a DNA test myself (negative), I am very thankful
that my particular antagonist doesn't have millions of dollars.

"You get what you pay for!" is just as true of the justice system as it is
of Olympus equipment. (Obligatory Olympus content... :-)

Perhaps we should all just agree to kill this topic and get back to
discussing what we have in common, rather than our differences?

: Jan Steinman <mailto:jans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
: 19280 Rydman Court, West Linn, OR 97068-1331 USA
: +1.503.635.3229