Re: [OM] Re: Warning: no OM. Arcane Quest: lewd conduct Warning: little

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Warning: no OM. Arcane Quest: lewd conduct Warning: little or no [OM] conten
From: Denton Taylor <denton@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 May 1999 06:24:41 -0400
George said:
>>I was referring here to a particular wolfpack of liberal lawyers who got a
notorius
double-murderer football player off by twisting the truth and other devious
methods.>>

and Wayne said:
>>    george:  you seem to be a very pleasant, intelligent man.  don't make
yourself look foolish with this clever lawyer bullshit.  the simpson verdict
was assured the moment that the rodney king verdict was returned, and the
dumbass los angeles da decided to try the case "downtown".  `it had nothing
to do with liberals or conservatives.  it had everything to do with race,
baby.>>

Actually, guys, the case had nothing to do with liberals _or_ race. It had
everything to do with money. That is, if you have enough of it, you can hire
enough legal talent to 'twist the truth', aka creating a reasonable doubt.
Usually, it is conservatives who have that kind of money.

The only racial issues are in conservatives' howling about the case. So this
time there was a miscarraige of justice that benefitted a black man. Where were
the conservatives when it was impossible to convict a white person for a crime
against a black person? It wasn't conservatives who effected racial change in
this country, they resisted it tooth and nail, with arson, dogs, and guns.

You conservatives should get over OJ. He's been tried by the system you (and I)
find the best in the world and found innocent. Therefore you should leave him
alone and let him get on with his life. That's the cornerstone of our justice
system; that it's better that a hundred guilty men should go free rather than
have one innocent man wrongly convicted. Deal with it.

Yesterday the 12th man in twelve years walked out of Death Row in Ilinois,
vindicated by DNA evidence. How many hundreds more are there who died or are
wasting away because they don't have access to the Dream Team?

While I ain't as liberal as I used to be, I'm still proud to be one...

Regards,
Denton Taylor

Photogallery at www.dentontaylor.com.
Panoramas and Immersive Imaging at