Re: [OM] Shutter jam cause?

Subject: Re: [OM] Shutter jam cause?
From: Lars Haven <lhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 21:37:50 +0200
Jerry Stackhouse wrote:

> Any suggestions as to why the shutter in one of my OM-10s would jam. Can't
> advance film lever or get shutter to trip again. Batteries are OK. Thanks!

Hi Jerry,

I encountered this phenomenon on an OM-2n a couple of weeks ago.
The camera had been dropped on concrete pavement (not recommended).
That had caused the mirror mechanism to get out of alignment, so
the mirror mechanism was not primed when the film was advanced. The
camera stayed jammed until the mechanism was adjusted and the
mirror manually primed.
It is no longer jammed, but I strongly suspect that focus of
that particular camera is no longer very precise.

Anyway, if the mechanism of the OM10 is anything like the OM2, you
could have that kind of situation. It might be easy to fix - or
maybe not. It is a compilcated mechanism.

Regards
Lars
--
Lars Haven  <mailto:lhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxx> http://isa.dknet.dk/~lhaven
"When writing about women, one must dip one's pen in a rainbow"