[OM] Arcane Question No. 1: 50/1.8 as loupe

Subject: [OM] Arcane Question No. 1: 50/1.8 as loupe
From: Phillip Franklin <pfranklin@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 02:26:24 -0700
To Wayne,

I don't know about the 50 macro f2  ( a bit exotic for a loupe )

As to my old F. Zuiko 50 f1.8 custom loupe...
The skirt was made from about 1.5 inch of acrlyic plexiglass tube stock
attached & glued to an off brand OM rear cap that has a hole to fit the
1.5 inch (dia) tube stock.  Obviously I look through the front element.
I took some of the little pieces of metal out of the back to make it fit
better.  With a lttle patience it looks "store bought". Btw one of
clients & associates manufactures & sells a very popular loupe. (hint it
fits over a Hassy viewfinder).  He thinks my Zuiko loupe is cool.

Phillip