Re: [OM] Why ?

Subject: Re: [OM] Why ?
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 02:15:27 EDT
Pablo writes:

> "To prevent camera shake:
>
>  When using a tripod, hold the camera steady with both hands
>  and press the shutter release with the ball of finger, not with the
>  cable release. "
>
>  Why ?

Gosh, we have been discussing the reasons why for weeks.  It is to reduce the
harmonic vibrations that occur on a tripod, but are dampened by the mass of
the human body gripping the camera.  Not too useful for 1/2 second exposures,
though.  I suspect bean bags are much better at that speed.

Gary Reese